Have you looked in the mirror and felt unhappy with your smile? Don’t worry, we see patients every day at North Dallas Denture Center that are interested in a full smile makeover.
There are several ways that we can restore a patient’s smile. Sometimes, a person is in need of removing all of their teeth and having dentures or implants put in place.
What Are Dentures?
Dentures are made to look like your teeth and are inserted into your mouth. These can be removed at the end of the day.
Dr. Roe sits down with his patients and he will use his skills to determine how the teeth need to be constructed. He has been known to use old pictures of the patient’s teeth to help form the dentures.
What Are Dental Implants?
Some people do not want to deal with the temporary aspect of dentures, which is why they opt for dental implants. Implants are a permanent solution to tooth loss. The teeth act as your natural teeth and can be cleaned and treated as such.
There is less chance of having your gums feeling irritated from implants, like there is with dentures. Also, you won’t have to use denture adhesives or take them out at night.
How Do I Know If I Should Get Dentures or Dental Implants in Dallas?
There are several things to to think about when it comes to these two treatment options. Dr. Roe will bring you in for a consultation appointment that will help you to decide which option is best for you.
Reasons people wear dentures over implants
- The cost of dentures are much less than implants. This can be a deciding factor for a patient.
- Dentures do not require surgery. If a person doesn’t want to deal with being put to sleep and the healing from surgery, then dentures is the best choice.
- Some people have always had dentures and are not interested in making the change.
Reasons people go with implants over dentures
- Implants are a permanent solution and do not require special care from normal brushing and flossing your teeth.
- There is less chance that the teeth will break or need to be repaired.
- Feels like natural teeth.
There are pro’s and con’s to both types of these treatments. Dr. Roe can tell you if you are a good candidate or not. Some individuals cannot have the surgery needed for implants for one reason or another.
Here at North Dallas Denture Center, we work with our patients to make sure that they get exactly what they are looking for with their smile makeover.
It is such a rewarding part of the job to watch people walk out of our office feeling confident and proud of their smile once again.
Contact us today if you are in need of a consultation for dentures in Dallas. We would love to get started on your treatment plan.